This event takes place on Sunday 24th June starting at 10.30am Grimsthorpe Gallop is our 4th instalment of SBR Events 10/10 series. If you raced and enjoyed either of Thoresby10 or
This event takes place on Sunday 24th June starting at 10.30am
Grimsthorpe Gallop is our 4th instalment of SBR Events 10/10 series. If you raced and enjoyed either of Thoresby10 or Rockingham10 you’ll love this trail run!
Set in the beautiful grounds of Grimsthorpe Castle,in the delightfully charming Lincolnshire countryside just 10mins off the A1. This event makes for a perfect summer race, whether you take on the family friendly 5k or go for the longer challenge of 13.1 miles.
The 4 routes take you past various delights within the private grounds including the castle, lake, tree lined tarmac avenues, ancient woodland along grassed paths and a victorian railway culvet. The train line no longer exists, but the 10 and 13.1 mile routes travel along this section and take you to a part of the world generally unseen by the public.
Like our other 10/10 races we hope you’ll come as a family and take the opportunity to enter the ‘little legs’ into the 5k race. A simple, not too challenging distance that we invite ages of 4+ along to. Plus ALL finishers receive a bespoke race medal!
We’ve also included the following:
- Trail Runners Association permit
- 13.1 mile run race
- 10k run race
- 10 mile run race
- 5k run/walk race
- Entries for Canicross and British Nordic Walking
- Chip timing
- Regular water stations around the course for both 2 and 4 legged runners
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal for everyone
- 13.1 & 10k & 10mile Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman and 1st in age group (V40, V50, V60)
- 5k Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman and 1st, 2nd, 3rd Veteran man & woman
- Sports Therapist for post race massage
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for novice through to elite
- Race village with hot food and beverages for sale
- Little Sunshine Van providing home made cakes & hot drinks including specialist coffee & gluten free options
- Free onsite parking-please car share to save our environment.
- Bespoke hoodies & t-shirts for sale
For full details and to sign up go to: sbrevents website
All Day (Sunday)
Grimsthorpe Castle Park and Gardens
Grimsthorpe Park, Bourne, PE10 0LZ.